The summer transfer window is now open in Europe, and there’s plenty of gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Newcastle make Kvaratskhelia approach
Newcastle United have made a €100 million ($107m) offer to sign Napoli winger Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, according to Corriere dello Sport.
Kvaratskhelia, 22, was a standout player for Gli Azzurri last season. He contributed to 22 goals in 34 league matches to help his side win the Scudetto, and it is reported that Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City have been among the clubs in Europe interested in his services.
However, after the Magpies acquired Serie A midfielder Sandro Tonali from AC Milan for €64m, it looks as though the Saudi-backed Premier League club are now keen to land another player from Italy’s top flight.
Newcastle are already preparing a second offer should they see their opening proposal rejected.
Kvaratskhelia has four years remaining on his contract, after joining Napoli last summer from Dinamo Batumi for €12m on a deal until 2027, but the Italian side are trying to get the Georgia international to sign new terms.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (U.S.)
09.44 BST: Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips is a target for Liverpool, according to Sky Sports.
Phillips, 27, hasn’t settled at City after moving for £45m from Leeds United in 2022 and made just 21 appearances in all competitions as Pep Guardiola’s side won the treble last season.
Liverpool need to sign at least one new midfielder as both Jordan Henderson and Fabinho are considering lucrative transfers to Saudi Arabia.
England international Phillips is on the list, while the report adds that Bayern Munich star Ryan Gravenberch and Fiorentina’s Sofyan Amrabat are also being tracked.
09.02 BST: ICYMI – Netherlands midfielder Xavi Simons has left PSV Eindhoven to complete a move back to Paris Saint-Germain, the Eredivisie club announced on Sunday.
The former Barcelona academy player joined PSV on a five-year deal from PSG last summer upon the expiry of his contract.
Sources have told ESPN the deal to return to PSG includes a re-sign clause of €12m.
“Xavi Simons immediately leaves the training camp to complete the transfer with Paris St Germain,” PSV said in a statement.
08.41 BST: Chelsea have completed the signing of Brazilian teenager Angelo Gabriel from Santos as new manager Mauricio Pochettino looks to add talented youth to his squad.
The 18-year-old winger, who became the youngest player in the history of Brazil’s national championship when he made his senior debut at the age of 15 years and 308 days, had 129 first-team appearances at Santos.
Gabriel’s fee and the length of his contract have not been confirmed, although reports have suggested he has cost the Premier League club around £13m.
08.30 BST: Manchester United have agreed a deal with Inter to sign goalkeeper Andre Onana, sources have told ESPN’s Rob Dawson.
The Cameroon international is set to have a medical before completing a €50 million move to Old Trafford.
United are hopeful Onana, who will replace David De Gea as the club’s No. 1, will be available to travel with the squad for the preseason tour of the United States, which kicks off with a stop in New York this week.
Sources have told ESPN that once Onana is officially a United player, Dean Henderson will be granted permission to join Nottingham Forest in a permanent move.
Laurens: Declan Rice takes Arsenal to the next level
Julien Laurens explains why Declan Rice was Mikel Arteta’s #1 transfer target this summer.
– Aston Villa have identified Stade Rennais winger Jeremy Doku as a potential alternative if they do not land Bayer Leverkusen’s Moussa Diaby, writes Fabrizio Romano. Villa saw their €35m offer to sign Diaby rejected recently, and they could soon switch their attention to 21-year-old Doku, who contributed to eight goals in 28 Ligue 1 appearances last season.
– Newcastle are aiming to offload Allan Saint-Maximin to help them sign Leicester City winger Harvey Barnes, reports TalkSPORT. Saudi Pro League side Al Ahli are reported to have begun early talks to sign the 26-year-old, while the Magpies will have to pay £35m if they are to sign Barnes. Saint-Maximin has also been linked with AC Milan.
– Internazionale are set to sign wing-back Juan Cuadrado on a free transfer, reveals Gianluca Di Marzio. The 35-year-old has agreed a one-year deal with the Nerazzurri, making the switch from Juventus after his contract expired last month. He made 41 appearances across all competitions last season, contributing five goals.
– There is growing optimism from Al Ahli in their pursuit of Manchester City winger Riyad Mahrez, reports CBS journalist Ben Jacobs. A deal in the region of £30m is believed to have been agreed, with the Saudi Pro League side already making arrangements for the 32-year-old’s medical. Mahrez made 30 appearances in the Premier League last season, contributing to 15 goals in the process.
– Talks are set to begin between Bayern Munich and Manchester City over a move for defender Kyle Walker, reports Sky Sports Deutschland’s Florian Plettenberg. Walker, 33, is said to have already agreed personal terms with the Bundesliga champions, and an offer in the region of €15m would be enough to convince City to part ways with him.
#LIVE #Transfer #Talk #Newcastle #Napolis #Kvaratskhelia